Solution to Satellite Radio Operation Issues
|Applied Vehicles: 2006+ Infiniti vehicles, equip. with SAT
|Estimated Labor Time: 5 minutes
|Estimated Total Cost: $0.00
Find related tutorials and information on your vehicle in NICOclub’s Nissan Forums & Infiniti Forums
Satellite (SAT) Radio
If the vehicle battery is discharged, the satellite (SAT) radio may not operate (i.e., the SAT radio Icon “XM” or “SR” will not be shown on the vehicle information display when scrolling through the audio sources). To resolve this incident, do the following:
- 1. First, make sure the battery is fully charged.
- 2. Then, turn the ignition key “ON”, scroll through the audio sources, and look at the vehicle information display.
- a. If the SAT radio Icon “XM” or “SR” is shown on the vehicle information display, the incident is resolved.
- b. If the SAT radio Icon “XM” or “SR” is NOT shown on the vehicle information display, go to step 3.
- 3. Turn the ignition key to the “OFF” position.
- 4. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute. Then, reconnect the cable.
- 5. Turn the ignition key “ON” and confirm the SAT radio Icon “XM” or “SR” is shown on the vehicle information display.
- 6. Finally, initialize the window and sunroof for proper operation.
- a. See the Window Initialization Procedure and Sunroof Initialization Procedure on NICO here.