Most 240sx owners (s13 in particular) have probably noticed that their “rear seat” is more of a shelf suited for random objects than people. Thanks for the insurance discount, Nissan, but if its all the same to you, we will just cut out the 25 lbs of unnecessary weight.
Time: 1-2 hours
– 10mm, 12mm, 14mm socket wrenches, ratchet and extension
1. Remove trunk carpet. A metal bracket with screws holds the carpet onto the rear seats.
2. the bottom of the rear seat has a latch on both left and right side. Pull both at the same time to remove the lower part of the seat.
3. There is a black padding (just pick it up) underneath once the lower seat has been removed.
4. Theres a hinge at both top corners of the upper rear seat. Pull them and the upper seat will fold down.
5. With the upper seat folded down, use either a screw driver or a 10/12mm socket and remove 2 screw bolts on both ends.
6. Now that the rear seats are removed. Its time to take out the brackets and seatbelts. Do this for the other side using I believe a 12mm or 14 mm socket.
7. Now pull on the seatbelt cover for both sides to pop it out and show the bolts.
8. Remove the bolt with a 14mm socket and pull then down for the small hook on the other end.
9. Now remove the brackets. Its near the window so be careful.
Now you can sell them, throw them away, or my personal favorite – use them as seats in your house.