– Participants must be 18 or older licensed drivers
– Event is open to all registered drivers with any make car that pass our technical inspection. No special equipment is required for most vehicles.
– No SUV’s or trucks will be permitted to participate unless approved by the Eventmaster.
– Convertibles will be allowed provided they have at minimum the original factory rollover safety equipment.
– No motorcycles will be permitted on track
– This is an “at risk” event. That is, the only insurance covering you and your vehicle during this event is your own. Carlisle Events and NICOclub are not responsible for any damages, injuries, thefts.
– Driving on the track is restricted to those who have registered, paid, plus signed the waivers. Participants must still pay admission to the Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals.
– Un-registered participants (walk-ins) are also welcome to run on the track, but will be subject to a $40 fee to participate. This is a one-time fee that is good for the duration of the weekend. That is over and above the admission to the Import & Performance Nationals.
-There will be no rental helmets available, so participants MUST supply their own SA2010 (or newer) Snell rated helmets (no cracks). Motorcycle helmets are also acceptable, but they must have a Snell rating of M2010 or newer. We will also accept helmets with a BSI safety rating of 6658 Type A. As of January 1st, 2017, SA2005 and M2005 helmets have become expired and will not be allowed. Note, helmets with just an SAE/DOT rating are not acceptable. Please make sure you check your helmet to make sure they not only have a Snell or BSI sticker but that has a current one. If there is no valid Snell or BSI sticker, that helmet cannot be used. No exceptions. Bicycle helmets are also not acceptable. It is okay to share helmets, but please be forewarned, no one will be permitted on that track without wearing an approved helmet. Please advise during tech/registration if he or she is sharing helmets. If people are sharing helmets, the helmet only needs to be tech’ed once.
– No flip/flops or sandals. Closed shoes only (sneakers are fine).
– Windbreaker/plastic jackets (which melt in fires), are not permitted for on track driving.
– Cars only need to be inspected once for the duration of the event.
– There is no minimum or maximum number of runs. Run as often as you’d like.
– There will be no separate running classes.
– Only cars that have passed tech with registered participants that have signed the waivers will be permitted on course.
– There can be more than one driver per car, but each driver must be registered. Cars with more than one driver only need to be tech’d once.
– Runs can only be made while track is staffed and operating green. No un-authorized private sessions allowed unless specifically approved by the Eventmaster.
– Each car will be assigned a number, please make sure it is displayed on driver side rear window (passenger side for RHD vehicles).
– Driver’s window must be open while on track. Sunroofs must be closed
– We only allow passengers to ride with instructors or staff. If you’re not staffer or instructor, expect to be denied. This is per insurance regulations, so please don’t badger the staff about it.
– Passengers must have signed waivers and wear an approved helmet.
– One vehicle will be on the track at one time for autocross. Multiple cars on the track for drifting will be at the sole discretion of the Eventmaster.
– Cars will need to be completely emptied of loose articles (including radar detectors, maps, tools, floor mats, etc.) before going on the track.
– There will be a fenced in paddock area, but Carlisle Events and NICOclub assume no responsibility for any lost or stolen property.
– Auto-cross runs will be timed and tracked by car number. If you are sharing a car, not the primary driver, and want to be timed separately, please speak to the starter each time you stage.
– In-car video equipment is permitted but must be securely mounted and must not obstruct drivers view. Eventmaster, NICOclub staff, or starter reserve right the right to refuse a setup.
– No alcoholic beverages in the paddock or on track.
– Smoking is not permitted in the paddock/track area.
– No pets.
– No bedding of brakes or testing of vehicles in the paddock area.
– Only park in designated areas.
– Please remove all used tires, parts, liquids, garbage before leaving.
– The facility will not have gas,oil, or air, so you’ll need to check your cars prior to arrival.
– Bad behavior will result in immediate dismissal from event or facilities without warning. Please follow starter/corner worker flag instructions.
– All Participants are asked to volunteer to help operate the event, like corner working, registration, or tech. The cars can only run if the corners are staffed.
– And most importantly, HAVE FUN.
CAR “TECH” REQUIREMENTS
Here is what will be required to pass the technical inspection. Essentially if your car can pass a state inspection, it should pass tech. Please be sure to check your over carefully before coming. It would be a shame not to be able to run because of something small.
Engine compartment: no leaks, fluids okay, belts tight, throttle free, no tape on hoses.
Brakes: fluid clean, full
Brake lights/signals: operational
Battery: mounted securely
Tires: Autocross: no cuts, no cord showing, no dry rot. R-compounds or slicks are permitted
Drift: no specific requirements
Wheels: no missing lugnuts. Torque will be checked during tech.
Interior: all loose items removed, floor mats removed
Restraints – factory seat belts are acceptable.
Fire Extinguisher – optional, but if present must be securely mounted
Trunk : emptied, and secured
Helmet: SA2010/M2010 ratings or newer or BSI 6658 Type A rating. No cracks. DOT/SAE (only) rated helmets are not acceptable
Gas cap : present and secured
TRACK AND PADDOCK TRAFFIC MAP:
Registration is located at the NICOfest tent at the top of the hill next to the paddock, behind the spectator viewing platform. If parking in the paddock, please pull into the tech inspection tent and check in with registration. Registered drivers or NICOclub Staff members are permitted to park inside the paddock. To receive a paddock parking sticker, please check in with registration at the tech tent. Once you, your car, and your helmet pass tech, you will be assigned a number for your car. The number is to be taped to the inside of the driver side rear window (passenger side for any RHD cars). If you are driving, you will receive a wristband and tech sticker. Once you receive your registration wristband, you are eligible to drive on the track. Please wear the wrist band for the duration of the event (All weekend). Every vehicle that enters the paddock must have a paddock parking sticker. If driving, remove all loose items from your car and proceed to the track entry line at your leisure.
If your car already has a number, we will let you use it, but please let us know that number when you have your car inspected, so we don’t give it out to someone else.
You only need to register once for the duration of the event.
The Carlisle main gates will open at 0700 all 3 days. The official address is as follows:
1000 Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle PA 17013-1588
Carlisle is just west of Harrisburg, PA. Convenient to the PA turnpike and I-81.
The track is located on the north side of the property, and can be seen from the PA turnpike. Once you come through the gate into the fairgrounds, and pass the buildings, you will continue straight and go up the hill towards the paddock at the back of the fairgrounds.
The track itself an out-and-back asphalt course with a grass infield. There are some on and off camber turns that make this course much more interesting than a normal parking lot auto-cross setup. It is a second gear course. You should find it easy to navigate, but challenging to get through fast. There will also be a lot of spectators which adds to the excitement. Both the track and paddock are fenced in.
You will enter the track via the paddock. After you have completed your autocross or drifting run, you will exit the track at the bottom of the spectator hill, on the opposite side of the track from where you entered. You then can make your way back up the hill and return back into the paddock to stage for your next run.
We will publish the auto-cross/drift schedules as soon as they get finalized. The drifting will be featured by the event so expect plenty of spectators.
To register for the Import & Performance Nationals itself, please refer to Carlisle’s Registration page rand make sure to choose “NICO” as your club affiliation. This will get you credentials to get into the event. Once you are inside, if you are registered for the track event, simply come on down to the paddock and check in. There is also plenty of parking if you choose not to run on the track.
Some other tips.
You are on your own for overnight accommodations. Most of the NICOclub staff will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express SW in Mechanicsburg, PA, but you are under no obligation to stay there. There are many places to stay in the Carlisle area in all price ranges. Camping is available but limited to registered show field participants. There is a limit of 4 people per camp site. To reserve a camp site, check the camping box when registering, or call 717-243-7855 to add it to your registration if you are already registered. Security and local police will be on-site overnight, so please behave yourself.
If you are after maximum runs, we recommend getting registered and tech’d early on Friday morning so you can get on track immediately. Tech lines can get long on Friday morning. The lines to get on track traditionally have been smallest early on Friday and Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon until closing. The drift/auto-cross schedule runs tight, so if you’re planning to run, you might want to give yourself time to get prepped before the session begins.
That’s it for now, please stay tuned in case of any changes or announcements.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here. We hope you will join us at the Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals for some extra special fun with your car.