Replacing your cabin air filter on your Infiniti G35 or G37 is an inexpensive, easy project that should be done annually. It’s a great time to do a full detail on your interior, and it really makes a huge difference in maintaining that “new car” smell.
I’ve seen some very very dirty micro filters in some cars and even some with rats nests so I thought I would do a write up to help everyone out … all you need is a phillips head screw driver.
1. Remove plastic trim piece on floor right inside the passenger door (it’s right beside the door sill) just slide your fingers a little under it and pull up … it’s just clipped on.
2. Look under the glove box and you will see a black trim piece that covers the bottom of the glove box … stick your fingers in the front of it and pull down … this is also clipped on and will come off really easy.
3. On the very back of the passenger kick panel there is a little black plastic bolt that screws off from the kick panel … unscrew it. Remove the kick panel … some times it’s hard to do without breaking the clips … I usually just slide 2 fingers under it and yank out really fast … some times the clips break.
4. Look on very bottom of glove box and the right and left side there are 2 screws … remove these screws.
5. Open the glove box and remove all four screws on the top of the inside and sit all the screws together somewhere.
6. Pull down on the glove box and it will fall down …
7. There will be wires hanging but I do all this without disconnecting wires or harnesses. Right above the blower there is a little white rectangle panel that you can pull off … there might be a little harness in the way … just push it up out of the way. There is a little raised up piece you can pull on the white panel … pull it off. Boom there is your micro filter … wiggle it out around the wires … you may have to bend the filter.
For installation reverse the removal steps. You may have to bend the new filter around the wires which won’t hurt it because it’s so flexible …