This article will help you on how to clean a dry air filter normally found with Fujita Air Intakes
– There are two types of after market Cone filters, Wet and Dry. This write-up is for Dry type filters. Wet type filter require re-oiling. Check with you filter manufacturer for details.
– This should be performed 3-4 times a year, or when the filter is noticeably dirty.
1. Remove the filter. Using screwdriver or ratchet loosen the worm gear camp. Twist the filter and pull it off the intake pipe.
2. Place a rag in the open intake pipe to prevent debris from entering.
3. Place the filter in some warm soapy water and brush lightly with a sponge or brush.
4. Rinse thoroughly, inside and out with clean warm water.
5. Let filter sit and thoroughly air dry, over night is a good idea.
6. When filter is dry, remove the rag and re-install filter.
Originally posted by Rolling Estonian