Update your sexy zenki s14 with some kouki sideshirts.
Time: 1-2 hours
– Scissors to cut the strips of adhesive in 5-5 1/4″ strips (DO NOT PEEL OFF ADHESIVE COVERS!)
– 1/8″ to 3/16″ drill bit
– 8mm socket with the ratchet of your choice, I also used a 3″ extension.
– 10-12 ft of 3M automotive quality double sided tape
– 16 Self-sealing (rubber washer,) self-tapping screws (I used an 8mm hex head)
– 16 flush mount (head of screw sits flush in washer) or some washer of your choice, must be large enough to cover the hole in the sideskirt
– 2 screws for the front wheel well if you don’t have the ones from factory mudflaps
– 2x Bolt/ 4x washers/ 2x nuts to mount the rear sideskirt endcap to the skirt
– wet wipes or other alcohol-based cleaner
First off, if you haven’t done so, clean off all the old adhesive.
Next, sand down and paint your sideskirts, or have them painted.
If they’re already your color, perfect move on to the next step!
After sanding, I used a high quality exterior enamel satin black paint to paint the sideskirts, my mudflaps and my lip.Resists rock chips and well and holds up nicely to the elements (going on 3 years on the lip without needing a repaint.)
Should look like this:
This is what you start with, no skirt:
Jack up your car and support it with jackstands, you don’t want it falling on your chest, crushing it and killing you for a sideskirt.Remove wheels on side your working on.Should look like this:
Now it’s time to cut the adhesive into two 5- 5 1/4″ strips and peel off one side of the adhesive backing and lay it down on the sideskirt.Apply pressure to the adhesive for about 30 secs to get it to stick, modify pressure time to meet your needs.MAKE SURE THE ADHESIVE ADHERES WELL.
Now it’s time to mount the sideskirt. First hold it up in the position you want, on the back wheel well mark the hole where you want to screw in the rear of the skirt.
*SPECIAL NOTE* MAKE SURE before you drill that the sideskirt is at the height you want, and even.Do this by first screwing the front skirt mount into the pre-existing mudflap hole, which should be threaded regardless if it’s a base or SE.Now raise the back to where you want it.NOW mark and drill the hole.
After you drill that, peel back the last adhesive strip backing and mount the front and rear skirt mounts to the car.
Now go underneath the car and drill a small pilot hole in each on the mounting tab holes.
Slowly screw the screws into the car, making sure to use a washer.Do this for all mounting tabs.It should look like this when done:
Now put the wheels back on and it should look like this:
Now repeat this process for the other side, remove the jackstands, drop the car, and VIOLA!Done.Now look at how well it accents the body lines and whore it!