This worked on my 2002 I35.I don’t know if it’ll work on other similar model years or not.
I am pretty sure it will NOT work on anything older than 2002, and it probably won’t work on anything newer than 2004. Again, it worked on my 2002, and that’s all I know.
First, turn on your car (ON key position) and your airbag light stays on for 7 seconds, then starts flashing every half second. (.5 seconds on, .5 seconds off, repeat)
This means either your airbag is malfunctioning, or it malfunctioned in the past.We’ll find out exactly what happened in a second.
If your airbag light is on solid the whole time, either your airbag has deployed, the computer thinks its deployed, or your sensor or wire harness is broken.You’re going to need a professional to fix this.
If your light never comes on at all, your METER fuse might be blown, or you might have a wiring fault in an airbag circuit.Go directly to Infiniti and have a professional fix this.
OK, so your light is flashing like I explained before.Next, we’re going to enter DIAGNOSIS mode.This mode will tell you exactly what’s wrong with your airbag (according to the computer at least)It’s a bit tricky, but read carefully.
1. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
2. After “AIR BAG” warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, [i.e. when it stops running solid and starts flashing] turn ignition switch “OFF” within 1 second. [DO NOT SWITCH IT TO LOCK, SWITCH IT TO ACC]
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 two times. (Perform 3 times in total.)
5. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
Try it a few times.If you can’t get it to work, have someone else try.If you STILL can’t get it to work, check your battery voltage.It might be low.
In diagnosis mode, you’re going to hope the light flashes slowly.2 seconds off, 3 seconds on, and repeats.If your light does this, this means that the computer detected a previous error that hasn’t been erased.This is good.
If you get ANY OTHER result, go directly to Infiniti. You’ve got a real problem that needs a real fix.
Now, to erase the error from memory.
5. If “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates as [as I said before], turn ignition switch “OFF” to reset from Diagnosis mode
to User mode and to erase the memory of the malfunction.
6. Turn ignition switch “ON”. “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates in
User mode. [it should stay on for 7 seconds, then go off, like normal.]
DON’T disconnect any yellow plugs like I did.Those yellow plugs mean they are part of the airbag system.